Because RedBeanPHP is mainly developed by just one man; me ;) and because
I do it all in my free time I cannot support a very rigid road map.
However this is just an indication what I am planning to do with RedBeanPHP
if all goes well and real world does NOT interfere.
I plan to release regular versions two times a year; in April and October. Maybe three times.
Bugfix releases are irregular, as soon as a bug is fixed a new version will be released.
I always try to release on the first day of the month.
- Spring Beta release: March
- Spring Final release: April
- Autumn Beta release: September
- Autumn Final release: October
For actual information about the upcoming (beta) release visit the
Planned for version 3.5 (Beta: September 2013, Release: October 2013)
Features planned for version 3.5:
- TODO - viaWith() apply filter to links of a shared list
- TODO - Count related beans (R::relatedCount, $bean->ownCount... ?)
- DONE - Model Formatter support PHP namespaces out-of-the-box
- DONE - Basic support for UUIDS
- DONE - White list for BeanCan Server
- DONE - BeanCan Server 2: Restful routes
- DONE - Improve performance sharedList
- DONE - Improve query readability
- DONE - Improve notation Preloader, use 'ownPage|page' instead of 'ownPage'=>'page'
- DONE - Cheatsheet / relational matrix
Planned for version 3.6 (Beta: March 2014, Release: April 2014)
Features planned for version 3.6:
- MAYBE - Support for value objects like Money, Email etc.
- TODO - Bean Collections
- TODO - Tree traversal
Planned for version 3.7 (Beta: September 2014, Release: October 2014)
Features planned for version 3.7:
- MAYBE - Dispense beans from JSON
- MAYBE - Set configuration options with flags in setup()
Planned for version 3.8 (Beta: March 2015, Release: April 2015)
Features planned for version 3.8:
- MAYBE - R::map() smart import tool
Things I won't do
- NOPE - Support NoSQL databases. RedBeanPHP tries to make relational databases as user friendly as
NoSQL databases while preserving the benefits of relational databases. So this feature does not make sense
- NOPE - Support MS SQL Server
- NOPE - Port RedBeanPHP to another programming language
- NOPE - Namespaces, I don't like making changes for the sake of change
For actual information about the latest beta testing for RedBeanPHP ORM for PHP, consult the
beta testing page.
For details concerning versioning guidelines of RedBeanPHP take a look at the