Welcome to the beta testing section of the RedBeanPHP website. Here you can download the latest beta edition and help us test the new version of RedBeanPHP.
New in RedBeanPHPWe are currently beta testing RedBeanPHP version 4.2.
Here is an overview of the new features in this release:
- NEW Automatically resolve aliases using foreign key inspection
- NEW Support for cursors (for large datasets)
- NEW R::findOrCreate() to directly create a bean with certain values if it does not exist yet
- NEW R::findLike to find beans using an criteria array
- NEW Added $bean->hasListChanged()
- NEW Re-added CUBRID QueryWriter to main repository again
- NEW Easy logging functions
- NEW Deepfreeze
- NEW Global aliases: R::aliases( ... )
- NEW Query Counter
- NEW You can now configure error handling in models (if model does not exist etc...) see API
- NEW You can now use R::fancyDebug() to see parameters embedded in SQL
- NEW Improved caching system
- NEW New, cleaner QueryWriter architecture
- NEW Added GetOne() method in driver (improve ADODB compatibility).
- NEW Added findMulti, for complex mappings.
Backward incompatible changes
- Build commands like 'buildcomamnd.unique' are no longer supported (I always said not to rely on them).
Unit Test Report
- More than 20.000 tests (all drivers)
- 100% test coverage
- Tested on ZEND PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.4, 5.6 and HHVM (partial)
Download RedBeanPHP 4.2 Beta 8
Download the latest Beta Edition and help us test the new version of RedBeanPHP!
Here is a brief overview of the release schedule for the 'Spring' release this year.
- December 2014 - February 2015: Development
- March 2015: Beta testing
- April 2015: Final
Status of Beta Release
A RedBeanPHP Beta version is also a release candidate, this means that if
no issues are found the latest beta will become the new version, the tarball
will simply be copied.
While RedBeanPHP Betas are beta versions, they are mostly very stable. During the Beta testing stage new features might still be included but this is not very likely, the build is considered 'frozen'.
To report bugs, please use the issue tracker on Github. For questions, please use the RedBeanPHP Forum.